"All sorrows are less with bread." -Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
If you're like me, you LOVE bread. Honestly, I don't really love bread. What I LOVE is butter and since the two go together like peas and carrots, I LOVE bread by default. The sad news is that bread doesn't really love me. Until now! And only if I don't go gangbusters on the entire loaf. I can't really eat it on a daily basis but I sure do enjoy and slice or sammich now and again. Thank goodness this gluten free loaf freezes beautifully and it's a gift even your wheat chowing friends will love!
Remember to follow our Tips to make this turn out fantastically delicious!
Buttermilk Bread Recipe
4 cups Kimmi's Gluten Free Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon unrefined salt
3 tablespoons ground psyllium husk
3 tablespoons coconut or unrefined sugar
1 cup warm, filtered water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 cup milk, preferably raw
1/2 cup buttermilk, preferably raw
2 farm fresh eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Stir warm water, yeast & sugar together & set aside to proof.
- Prepare 4x8 bread pan liberally with high quality olive oil.
- Mix remaining ingredients together & stir in yeast mixture. Dough should be more on the wet side.
- Pour into prepared pan & pat down edges with WET fingers to aid in rising. Don't skimp on the wet here.
- Cover with light tea towel & set aside to rise about 1/2 inch below the lip of the pan (about 1 hour). Yes, it takes awhile for the rice flours to absorb and start to work their magic. May need to add foil collar as well.
- Preheat oven to 400 or 375 if using glass. Bake bread 30 minutes & then cover loosely with foil to prevent burning. Bake 25-30 minutes more.
- Remove from oven & let rest for about 10 minutes. Release from pan & cool completely before slicing. Slicing warm bread may cause it to collapse.
- Store tightly wrapped in a fridge up to two weeks. Toasts & freezes beautifully!